Some A+ journalism from Anne Dingus [sic] in TexasMonthly in… 1994. I think it’s smart for long-standing publications to make sure their old gold is properly published online.
The clear winners:
- I could sit still for that.
- Confused as a goat on AstroTurf.
- He’s so honest you could shoot craps with him over the phone.
- Brave as the first man who ate an oyster.
- Busy as a funeral home fan in July.
- Cold as a well-digger’s knee.
- Never sign nothing by neon.
There was some fine ones in The Fox and the Hound 2 also.