I’ve heard a couple of mutations of “Sci-Fi” recently, so I’m documenting them for reference.
- Sci-If — Science fiction fixated on a version of reality with an alternate answer to a big scientific “what if?”
- Cli-Fi — Science fiction based on climate change.
- Sky-Fly — Scient fiction with flying cars, jetpacks, etc.
- Nigh-Fi — Near-future science fiction
- Cry-Fi — Science fiction tragedies
- Stye-Fi — Science fiction where everyone has red lumps around their eyes
- Sci-Why — Science fiction that tries to answer one of science’s biggest mysteries
- Pi-Fi — You know I’m just making this crap up, right?
And here I was this whole time thinking that CLI-FI referred to science fiction about Command Line Interfaces.