I upgraded to the FitBit Force from the FitBit Flex about a month ago. So far:
- The hardware button is a huge upgrade. Tapping the Flex was awkward.
- The display is great. If I’m going to wear something around my wrist it should at least tell me what time it is and now the Force does that, as well as giving you quick access to your basic stats for the day.
- I preferred the the thin-ness of the Flex, but it’s not that big of a deal and I can see they just needed a bit more room for the display.
- Not having to take the little nugget thing out (like on the Flex) to charge it is nice. You just plug it directly in.
- The battery life is amazing. Like 2+ weeks. At the end of the time I was using my Flex I only got a few days. Charging (either of them) is a bummer time because you aren’t tracking while it’s charging and you run the risk of forgetting to put it back on. With the Force at least you have to do it less.
- It’s a little more expensive but not much and it’s a one-time cost.
- Apparently you can do less water-related stuff with the Force (no showering, where you could with the Flex), but I don’t shower with it on anyway (weird) so that doesn’t affect me.
- The “floors” tracking is neat. I live in a 4-level house so I like getting credit for all that climbing.