Solution to Grill Not Getting Hot
My grill is about a year old. It gets used on average once a week and has gone through maybe 3 or 4 LP tank changes. Not super new, but pretty new. The last few months it’s been really crappy. Just doesn’t get very hot. I did some obvious checking of stuff like making sure I had plenty of gas in the tank, all the hoses were securely attached, tank was open all the way, nothing was clogged… but still just didn’t get very hot. I thought it was just a crappy grill until I got fed up enough to Google around solutions.
Turns out it was the regulator valve getting “stuck”. You can un-stick it like this:
- Turn off the gas at the propane tank
- Disconnect the gas line from the tank
- Open the grill lid
- Turn all control valves to high
- Wait for about a minute
- Turn all control valves to off
- Reconnect the gas line to the tank
- SLOWLY turn on the gas at the tank
- Light the grill normally
- Your grill should now heat normally
Via Derrick Riches, who also says if this doesn’t work it’s likely a bad regulator valve.