The Rising Cost of Gas -or- The Freshmaker Takes On New Meaning
Man alive. I’ve had super bad gas the last couple days. Very unusual for me, especially at this “really shouldn’t leave the house” level.
Jackson Gastroentology reports these foods as contributors to gas:
- Legumes: Especially dried beans and peas, baked beans, soy beans, lima beans
- Milk Products: Milk, ice cream, cheese
- Vegetables: Cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cucumbers, sauerkraut, kohlrabi, asparagus
- Root Vegetables: Potatoes, rutabaga, turnips, radishes, onions
- Fruits: Prunes, apricots, apples, raisins, bananas
- Cereals & Breads: Cereals, breads, pastries, and all foods containing wheat and wheat products. Check labels
- Fatty Foods: Pan-fried or deep-fried foods, fatty meats, rich cream sauces and gravies, pastries, and any high-fat food. Check labels.
- Liquids: Carbonated beverages, fizzy medicine
So… almost everything.
I have concluded that the only food you can eat to totally avoid gas is: Mentos. I’m thinking of going on an all-Mentos diet for a while, I’ll report later.