I went to go see King Kong last night. I was a little tired to begin with, so the first hour or so was putting me right to sleep, but not to fret, almost the entire last two-thirds of the movie is high-power actionriffic. There was even a completely gratuitous scene in this rocky valley where the team fought off giant bugs for a good 10+ minutes.
I’ve been learing a lot at the theaters this week, here are some more things I learned:
- Giant apes love blondes, too
- King Kong vs. 3 Tyrannosaurus Rex’s: King Kong wins
- There are completely quiet streets and beautiful skating ponds in the middle of New York City with no other people whatsoever
- If you fall off the Empire State Building, you will die, but not splatter into oblivion, or in fact, even bleed
- Peter Jackson could pee in a cup and make money