If you like small talk, the dentist office is the place for you. Light musings about the weather, the holidays, and the squirrels outside the window are everywhere. If you are like me, you find small talk difficult and sometimes painful.
Here are some conversation starters you can use with your dental hygienist instead of last night’s beltline traffic:
- “How do you feel about the government subsidizing the purchase of digital television adapters for the American public?”
- “What’s your favorite restaurant in the downtown area? I love going out to eat and am always looking for new ideas.”
- “How did you become a dental hygienist? Was it something you’ve always wanted to do?”
- “That weather is really something eh?”
Here’s one to avoid:
- “You are seriously hot. I love those bangs, and that eyebrow ring is working. I’d like to watch the sunrise with you.”