When I talked about saving links, what was helpful for me is to think about my behavior in terms of when I’m going to need that link, so I broadly bucketed like:
- Short Term
- Medium Term
- Long Term
I like how Juha-Matti Santala didn’t just think in terms of those categories for themselves but re-bucketed like:
Where do my links live?
- Links I visit regularly
- Links that are “read later”
- Links that are “I might need it one day”
- Links I want to share with others
- Sites I want to follow regularly
If I were to use those buckets, from top to bottom, it would be like:
- Those are my pinned tabs in Arc
- That’s what my “Medium Term” links are for the most part
- That’s what my “Long Term” links are for the most part
- Back to “Medium Term”. I need to store them a bit before sharing. Gotta let ’em marinate.