Here’s an email I received from some stock photo selling site (name of person, but not company, withheld):
So lemme get this straight. These are my “collaboration” options?
- Place links to your site on mine.
- Write a review of your site, in which I link to your site.
- Hold a “contest”, a thinly veiled advertisement in which I link to your site.
- “Post news” about your site, in which I link to your site.
- Ask you for credits so I can download images, but only can use them if I also post a link to your site.
That sounds like an amazing deal for me! How could I refuse! While we are at it, I’ve made a list of a few more things we can “collaborate” on:
- You wash my car.
- You wash my car and then write me a poem about how much you enjoyed washing it.
- You call up some friends and you all come over and wash my car.
- You wash my car and then take a picture of it and put it on your refrigerator.
- I’ll let you borrow my car, once, if you wash it every week forever.