Amazon Video On Demand Blows
I recently updated the software on my TiVo HD so I could test out the Netflix integration. Which, is friggin awesome. I don’t actually have a Netflix account though, we used my roommates. So I figured I’d test out Amazon movie rentals too.
- Go through process of connecting Tivo Box to Amazon. Not too awful, but a bit laborious.
- Find movie to watch, select it, confirm that you want to buy it.
- Uh oh! Problem with credit card. Of course it didn’t ask me which credit card I would like to use, it just picked an old expired one for me. Thanks.
- Wait for email to arrive about the problem… Go to computer, log into Amazon there and correct the purchase.
- Wait for movie to arrive on TiVo. Takes quite a while, since you can’t start watching it until it’s fully downloaded.
- From that point you have (30 days?) to start watching it, and once you do, you only have 24 hours to complete it.
- OK FINALLY. Ready to go, play movie. NO SOUND.
- Try to figure out how to contact Amazon about the problem, but don’t see any clear method.
- Write bitchy blog post about how the service sucks.