This event is so cool.
- You buy or fix up an old car (spending ~$500, but literally nobody checks or cares). “Impractical” vehicles are kind of the vibe. Look at a Google image search for the cars.
- There is a “rally” where you make your way to some central location (which I think is something of a mystery) by driving on as little paved roads as possible. There is no specified route. In the end, you party, but the driving is over (no dangerous redneck shit).
- It’s got a kinda Mad Max vibe to it, except it’s clean. No drinking and driving. It helps charities. “Don’t be a dick” is the main motto.
- A major aspect of the whole thing is that you’re cleaning up along the way. It’s a massive trash-pickup effort, the biggest of it’s kind.
- It’s not really monetized. The rally itself is technically $40 but apparently nobody checks or cares, but the Gambler isn’t monetized in any other way.
- You can start one wherever you want, just stay in the spirit of it and you can’t monetize it.
It’s a “bad-ass outdoor protection gang”.
I haven’t actually done it, but I’ve seen all the crazy cars around her when it’s going on. I’d love to one day.