Archive for the ‘Facts’ Category
Friday, May 12th, 2006
After reading a facinating article about how extremely genetically similar monkeys are to humans, I was lead to read some other articles about how the behavior of monkeys mimicks humans in particularly strange ways. Namely, boozing after work, looking at porn, and stealing.
When given the choice between a photo of a low-status male with a high juice reward and a photo of a female’s hindquarters, the male test subjects refused the extra juice so that they could gaze at the sexy female images. They also “paid” with juice to see photos of high-status males.
<h3>Facts about Monkeys:</h3> <ol> <li>When placed in front of a mirror, high status monkeys spent 41% of their time looking at themselves, while low status monkeys only spent 19%</li> <li>Some heavier drinking monkeys will just drink until they fall asleep</li> <li>Monkeys drink much less socially than when they are alone</li> <li>Lower ranked monkeys drink more</li> <li>Monkeys drink the most after a long week of testing</li> <li>Monkeys will only steal from you if you are looking away or seem to be not paying attention</li> <li>The harnessing of fire may be the pivotal moment that separated our species</li> </ol>
Wednesday, May 3rd, 2006
DuPont sponsored a contest in 2004 to search for the Greatest Grilled Cheese Sandwich in America. The overall winner was Ashley Berman of Coral Springs, Florida with her creation The Caribbean Grill. The sandwich featured mango salsa, curry powder, swiss, and honey mustard on fresh Italian bread. There were some pretty other amazing winners like the regionally inspired Dairyland Cheddar Cranapple Grill and the culturally influenced Queso Con Verde.
Facts about Grilled Cheese Sandwiches:
- The most common extra ingredient to add to a grilled cheese is tomato, followed by bacon, potato chips, pickles, and ham
- Americans make 2.2 billion grilled cheese sandwiches at home each year
- The average American eats 8.4 grilled cheese sandwiches a year
- The grilled cheese got its start during the Great Depression as a way to feed families and entertain on a budget
- Canadians dip them in Ketchup
Thursday, February 23rd, 2006
6 Photoshop tools that are also sexual inuendos:
- Hand Tool
- Pencil Tool
- Magic Wand
- Measure Tool
- Lasso Tool
Wednesday, February 15th, 2006
Just so you know.
- Clowns can be scary, annoying, or awkward, but never funny
- No matter how old you get, your body hair is still your responsibility and if you choose to get naked in public facilities, it should be properly managed
- The Confederate flag was never the Confederate flag
- The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is a terrible bar song
- If you practiced throwing a penny into a bucket ten feet away 3 times a day for 25 years you would be very good at it. If you pee into a toilet zero feet away 3 times a day for 25 years you still sometimes pee all over the seat
Thursday, February 9th, 2006
It’s not easy growing up.
Here are some of the pre-reqs:
- Have installed or have been present at the installation of a water heater
- Realize that embarrassment is for schoolboys and politicians
- Don’t talk for the sake of talking
- Own something worth $10,000 or more
- Have worked at over 8 jobs
Friday, February 3rd, 2006
<h3>The following statements are facts:</h3> <ol> <li>My friend Jeff has a furry pink shower curtain</li> <li>Stephanie Tanner (who's side-boob can be seen on CollegeHumor.com), <a href="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,183563,00.html">is a meth head</a></li> <li><a href="http://products.peapod.com/68826.html">Baker's Inn Harvet Multi-Grain bread</a> is fantastic.</li> <li>David Attenborough sounds exactly the same whether he is in his own backyard talking about mice or on a rocky outcropping in the arctic talking about polar bears.</li> </ol>