Things I Found Interesting Around February 3rd
- Firefox Spell and Grammar Checker
After the Deadline, for any textarea on the web
- Daring Fireball with Comments
I’m sure Gruber loves this
- Altruism on Amazon Mechanical Turk
The prisoner’s dilemma: thus A represents cooperation, and B represents defection. If both people chose A, they both do better than if both choose B. However, regardless of the other’s action, you earn more by choosing B (hence the ‘dilemma’).
- Awesome ampersands for sale
- Bruce Lawson’s personal site : If you’re British, it’s not “awesome”
If you want to express actual approbation for something, the English terms are “spiffing”, “top-hole”, “wizard” or “ticketyboo”.
- Design Quotes Display